2016 Election Results
The results are in! Here are your winners, Hudson Valley
Photo by artinspiring/fotolia
Donald Trump (R) won the presidency with 276 electoral votes and 48% of the popular vote, 59,272,991 votes. Hillary Clinton (D) took 228 of the electoral votes and also 48% of the popular vote, coming in with 59,272,991 votes.
- Senator Andrea Stewart-Cousins (D) ran unopposed for the 35th Senate District seat, nabbing more than 69,000 votes with 219 out of 305 districts reporting, as of late Tuesday night.
- New York’s senior Senator Chuck Schumer (D) was re-elected for his fourth term with 4,789,385 out of 6,800,148 votes (70.40%), defeating Wendy Long (R), and earning the seat as the chamber’s Democratic leader.
- District 18: Sean Patrick Maloney (D) will serve his third term, defeating Republican challenger Phil Oliva with 149,056 votes (55.2 %) to his 120,967 (44.8%).
- District 19: John. J Faso (R) prevailed with 153,155 votes (54.8%) over Zephyr Teachout (D), 126,538 votes (45.2%).
- District 95: Sandra Galef (D) won the seat over Gregory Purdy (R) with 70.6% of the vote.
- District 98: Karl Brabenec (R) was victorious with 27,266 votes over challenger Aron Wieder’s (D) 18,846.
- District 99: James Skoufis (D) defeated Colin Schmitt (R) with 27,501 votes to his 24,960.
- District 100: Aileen Gunther (D) was unchallenged, winning her seat with 30,187 votes.
- District 101: Brian Miller (R) won with 25,910 votes. He defeated two candidates, Arlene Feldmeier (D) with 16,377 votes, and conservative reform incumbent Maria Kelso with 4,965 votes.
- District 102: Peter Lopez (R) was unchallenged, winning his seat with 30,187 votes.
- District 103: Kevin A. Cahill (D) won the seat over Jack Hayes (R) with 77.4% of the vote.
- District 104: Frank Skartados (D) won the seat over conservative reform incumbent William C. Banuchi, Sr. with 80.5% of the vote.
- District 105: Kieran Michael Lalor (R) won the seat over Joseph Torres (D) with 62.8% of the vote.
- District 106: Didi Barrett (D) won the seat over conservative, reform incumbent Terry Sullivan with 55% of the vote.
- District 39: Republican William J. Larkin Jr. was reelected, defeating Democratic challenger Chris Eachus 57,137 votes to 42,942.
- District 40: The seat was taken by Terrence Murphy (R) with 74,354 out of 126,944 votes (58.6%), his challenger Alison Boak (D) had 52,590 votes (41.4%).
- District 41: With 261 of 271 districts reporting, Susan Serino (R) took the seat with 68,354 votes, while Terry Gipson (D) trailed in his attempt to take the seat back, receiving 53,920 votes.
- Incumbent Sen. John J. Bonacic (R) won over Pramilla Malick (D), taking 63,284 votes to 39,769.
- District 46: George Amedore Jr. (R) defeated Sara Niccoli (D) with 78,080 votes to 45,245.
- District 51: James Seward (R) secured his 16th term against challenger Jermaine Bagnall-Graham (D) with 78,396 votes to 28,669.