How to Submit Your Engagement Announcement to the Newspaper
Just engaged? Congratulations! Here’s how to share the news with your community
(page 2 of 2)
The Wedding Guru says: You can often find submission information right on the page in the paper where they list engagement and wedding announcements. You should also read what other engaged couples have written for guidance. Here are some general rules about submitting an announcement:
- If you want to include a photo, a two-by-three-inch black and white glossy is best. Be sure to write the bride’s name, address, and telephone number on the back of the photo.
- Send a copy of your information (i.e. the announcement) with the photo; type all names written out in full... no nicknames.
- If your parents are deceased or divorced, include that in your text.
- If your name is different from your parents’ name, include an explanation.
- Run the information by both sets of parents, unless you’re hosting your own wedding. Ask your parents to double check for content, style and spelling.
- Sign your submission to cover the newspaper legally, and include your phone number for contact purposes.