Wedding Hairstyle of the Week: Jennifer Lawrence’s Hunger Games Premiere Hair
Jennifer Lawrence made waves at the first Hunger Games premiere with her bejeweled bun; now, brides are following suit
Jennifer Lawrence flashed some extra sparkle in her Hunger Games chignon in Los Angeles in 2012
Photograph by Featureflash/Shutterstock; inset: Helga Esteb/Shutterstock
Ever since Jennifer Lawrence incorporated a necklace into her bun during the Hunger Games premiere way back in March 2012, brides have been eager to emulate the concept of repurposing their jewelry into a hairstyle that’s a little more unique than your average updo. And while Ms. Lawrence’s plans for her cropped mane for this Friday’s Mockingjay: Part 1 premiere remain a mystery, I’m sure we’ll see yet another trendsetting look!
A local bride asks...
“My wedding gown is classic and not embellished at all. I have some lovely jewelry and would like to use it in my hair in a creative way. Any ideas?”
The Wedding Guru says...
Your idea is a good one and very much in fashion! Here are five ways to use your jewelry:
- Weave a beaded necklace (the smaller the beads or pearls, the better) into a braid, à la Jennifer Lawrence above
- Pin a brooch into your hair, securing it with its own pin and clasp
- Drape a blingy bracelet across your hair, like a headband, and pin to secure
- Hang a multi-strand necklace from the bottom of a high bun
- Slip a thumb ring over a ponytail holder and secure with a hairpin or two. Or, if you’re wearing your hair in an updo, try dangling the ring from the back of it
Let me know if any of these ideas end up working for you. Happy wedding!
Got more questions? Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org