Wedding Hairstyle of the Week: Romantic Chignon
A hairdo that’s perfect for a wedding set in a field of flowers
Last week, I posted a beach-appropriate wedding hair idea for a bride-to-be. We’ve got another hair query this week — this time, the bride is getting married in the countryside.
A local bride asks...
“I’m planning a rustic wedding in a fabulous refurbished barn. It’s the perfect setting: we’ll be sitting in a field of wildflowers, which will all be in bloom. What kind of hairstyle will suit my wedding?”
The Wedding Guru says...
A rustic wedding calls for a romantic and feminine updo. Follow these steps:
- Wash your hair the day before — this gives your scalp a chance to produce enough of the natural oils that will help your hairstyle to hold
- The morning of your big day, put some styling mousse into your (damp) hair to hold the curl and maintain volume
- Use a curling iron to shape loose waves with the top and front sections of your hair
- Next, divide your hair into three sections; gather the middle section into a low undone bun. Keep everything in place with bobby pins
- Taking the sections that are left, loosely pin the strands into the bun. This creates a “loose tuck” effect
- Finish off the look with some pretty flowers
Got more questions? Write to me at email@example.com