Wedding and Party Favors: Welcome Packages and Gift Bags for Out-of-Town Guests (Part Two)
Goodie bags are a great way to welcome your out-of-town guests. What should go inside them?
(page 2 of 2)
The Wedding Guru says: The out-of-town gift bag is a great way to give a special thank-you to guests who have travelled long distances and incurred additional expenses in order to be with you on your wedding day. (Click here to read my earlier post about out-of-town bags.) You can put a goodie bag together without going overboard, and here’s how:
- Pay a visit to your area’s dollar store — you’ll find lots of affordable items there.
- If you’re putting lots of bags together, you’ll save money by buying in bulk at a place like BJ‘s or Sam’s Club.
- Make sure you include directions to and from the ceremony location and area attractions for downtime (if there is any) between the ceremony and reception. Free brochures are usually available from the local Chamber of Commerce or Tourism Department. You could also include an itinerary of wedding events and information about transportation, if that applies.
- The goodies that seem to be most appreciated are bottled water, sunscreen, chocolates, cheese, crackers, and cookies (homemade if possible).
- Including a special, handwritten “welcome/thank you” note is a nice way to personalize the goodie bags, too!