This event occurs monthly, on the third Sunday of March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.
Premise: Our health represents a complex interaction between our physical body, environment and ability to process emotional pressure. Natural and holistic approaches to health are only as effective as their capacity to address all of these aspects in concert. Join me, Claudia Abbott-Barish, for 10 workshops over the course of the changing seasons.
• Familiarize yourself with the foundations of herbal medicine
• Create formulas and make preparations to keep your herbal medicine cabinet stocked
• Practice tools to manage an assortment of emotional imbalances that vary seasonally
• Create greater understanding within yourself and between yourself and others
• Experience a supportive community while confronting personal blockages and triggers
• Make and take: new tools for emotional and physiological self-sufficiency
• Workshops will be led in my home and garden, from 10am-2pm, one Sunday per month
• They will include a balanced lunch, with food from the garden when possible, as well as tea throughout the day
• The cost for each class includes all food, beverages, medicine-making supplies, instruction and supplementary instructional materials
• I would like to make this activity accessible to a diverse group of participants. For this reason, I charge a minimum for supplies and time: $50, or 10 for $450, if paid in advance
• For those with the capacity or desire to contribute further, it would be greatly appreciated
It is recommended that students attend all sessions in order to experience the full impact of the curriculum and the community it fosters, but drop-in students are also welcomed. Spaces are limited to 10 participants, so please confirm at least a week in advance, to ensure there is room.
Preliminary Workshop Schedule:
March 23rd - Spring Herbalism: Liver, Gallbladder and Connective Tissue
April 27th – Spring Emotional Focus: Anger
May 18th – Early Summer Herbalism: Heart, Small Intestine, Blood Vessels
June 29th – Early Summer Emotional Focus: Joy and Overwhelm
July 27th – Late Summer Herbalism: Spleen, Stomach, Flesh and Muscles
August 17th – Late Summer Emotional Focus: Pensiveness and Empathy
September 14th – Autumn Herbalism: Skin, Hair, Lungs, Large Intestine
October 19th – Autumn Emotional Focus: Adversity and Grief
November 16th– Winter Herbalism: Bones, Kidneys, Bladder
December 14th – Winter Emotional Focus: Fear
Claudia Abbott-Barish is an herbalist and restorative facilitator. She grows medicinal herbs on her 5-acre property in Milan, NY for her use and to supply to other herbalists. It is her goal to share her skills and knowledge of self-care for the purposes of expanding self-reliance and personal accountability within the community. She believes that we all have the power to live mindfully and that people are healthiest and happiest when they can identify opportunities to nurture their environment, themselves and others.
For more information or to register, call 917-992-9901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
50 per workshop, or $450 for all 10 if paid in advance
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.