Wedding Rings: Bands of Love
Ring her (or his) bell with these sparkling stunners
Cold Spring. 845-265-9246
1. Heavenly Glow. This Double Halo diamond ring features 1.05 carats set in 18k white gold. The round center is actually comprised of five diamonds: one princess cut and four marquis cut. $4,000
2. Male Bonding. This men’s wedding band is made of tungsten and 18k mokume gane gold. “Mokume gane,” an ancient Japanese layering technique using mixed-metal laminate with distinctive patterns, translates to
“wood-grain metal.” $1,500
3. Everlasting Love. Traditionally given to celebrate anniversaries, eternity bands are now sometimes used as wedding bands. Rings like these — a 14k white gold set with emeralds and diamonds ($700) or 14k white gold set with multicolored sapphires and diamonds ($725) — are frequently worn stacked.
4. Blue Moon. This 1.84 carat, cushion-cut blue sapphire is accentuated with .35 carats of diamonds. Engagement rings featuring sapphires have soared in popularity since Britain’s Prince William gave Princess Diana’s sapphire engagement ring to fiancée Kate Middleton last fall. $4,200
5. Detailed Delight. This elaborate 18k white gold and diamond filigree wedding band features .38 carats of diamonds. $3,200
6. Something Blue. Crafted by designer Alex Sepkus, this 1.04 carat Ceylon sapphire solitare engagement ring, set in 18k yellow gold with diamonds ($4,295), is paired with a matching diamond and cabochon sapphire band ($2,550).
7. For All Eternity. This hand-engraved, 18k white gold ring with a .60 carat diamond is made by Van Craeynest, a 100-year-old company. $9,250
8. Crushing Love. A half-carat, diamond solitaire engagement ring in 18k white and rose gold ($4,265) is paired with an 18k yellow, white, and rose gold diamond eternity band ($5,500); both creations are from designer Pamela Froman’s “Get Crushed” collection, for which she creates one-of-a-kind textures using a signature hammering technique.
9. Sweetest Thing. The vivid “Candy Dome Ring” by Alex Sepkus features six fancy-color sapphires and six white diamonds set in 18k yellow gold ($2,475); while the 18k white gold and diamond scroll eternity band by Pamela Froman ($2,420) adds a touch of whimsy.
10. Tie the Knot. This mokume gane wedding band has a wood-grain pattern made up of 18k yellow gold, 14k palladium white gold, and sterling silver, crafted by renowned mokume gane jeweler James Binnion. $1,950
Photograph by Michael Polito