Mini Mac and Cheese Cupcakes with Toppings Bar Recipe
A super-easy — and irresistible — snack
Mini mac ’n cheese cupcakes liven up a winter cocktail party
Kids, grandparents, dogs, babies… they all love these cupcake-shaped bites. Easy and delicious, with lots of fun toppings, it’s a great bite that your party guests can customize to their liking. If you want some healthier variations, try subbing in whole wheat pasta or Annie’s Mac & Cheese (rather than Kraft) and add some fresh spinach and Fontina to the mixture before you place it into the muffin pans.
Mini Mac & Cheese Cupcakes with Toppings Bar Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes (or until browned)
Yields 24 cupcakes
- 2 7¼-oz boxes mac and cheese or your favorite homemade recipe (yielding 4 cups of mac and cheese)
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- ½ cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup of Gruyère cheese, shredded
- ½ cup of each to be used as a topping: truffle oil, hot sauce, chopped bacon, and scallions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make mac and cheese according to package instructions. Once cooked, stir in hot sauce and shredded cheeses.
- Oil two 12-cup mini muffin pans.
- Scoop mac and cheese mixture into prepped mini muffin pans and bake for about 15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Serve on a platter with the toppings in bowls so guests can customize their bites.