Pigs in a Blanket Recipe
How to make the frozen version taste homemade
Serve store-bought pigs-in-a-blanket with unusual toppings, like guacamole and bleu cheese
Homemade pigs-in-a-blanket are great, but they are time-consuming to make from scratch. With a bit of melted butter, you can make the frozen ones taste homemade.
Dress Your Pigs In a Blanket Recipe
- 4 dozen frozen pigs-in-a-blanket
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Toppings of your choice, like guacamole, hot sauce, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, relish, sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and bleu cheese
- Set out cocktail weiners in a single layer on greased baking sheets.
- Brush 2 tablespoons of butter on the pigs, and bake according to the package instructions.
- Arrange the dogs on cake stands. Pigs-in-a-blanket are great served warm and also at room temperature.
- Set out unique toppings in four-inch bowls or mini squeeze bottles.
- Small plates and napkins are all you need to enjoy this finger food.