Father’s Day 2012 Dinner (Recipes)
Combine these recipes — glazed duck, sweet corn, and a banana split — for a memorable meal prepared entirely on the grill
(page 3 of 3)
Grilled Banana Split
Makes 6 servings
• 6 bananas, peeled and cut in half
• 2 Tbsp melted butter
• 3 cups ice cream of your choice (see recipe note below)
• 2 cups sauce of your choice (see recipe note below)
• ½ cup coarsely chopped toasted almonds
• 1 cup whipped cream
• 6 brandied or maraschino cherries
- Preheat a gas grill to low. If you are using a charcoal grill, build a fire and let it burn down until the coals have a heavy coating of white ash. Spread the coals in an even bed. Clean the cooking grate.
- Brush the bananas with the melted butter and place on the grill. Grill the bananas until lightly marked on the first side, about one minute. Turn them carefully and grill on the second side until lightly marked and hot, one minute more.
- Place two banana halves on each serving plate. Top each serving with three small scoops of the ice cream (see homemade ice cream recipe here) and spoon the sauces over the ice cream (see homemade sauce recipe here). Garnish with the whipped cream, toasted almonds, and cherries.