Pfeffernusse Hot Toddy Recipe
How to craft Coppersea Distillery’s signature drink
Baby, it’s cold outside! Care for a hot drink to warm you up? In our January issue, we suggest three cold-weather cocktails — all takes on the classic hot toddy — from our favorite local distilleries. Below, find a bonus recipe from our friends at Coppersea Distillery in West Park.
Coppersea Pfeffernusse Toddy
- 2 oz Coppersea Raw Rye Whisky
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 green cardamom pod
- 1 clove
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs honey
- 5 oz boiling water
- Crush peppercorns, cardamom, and clove slightly in mortar and pestle.
- Add crushed spices, ginger, and honey to water just off the boil.
- Steep for 6 minutes.
- Strain the peppercorn infusion into a warm glass and add Coppersea Raw Rye.
- Garish with orange or lemon twist.