Three Ways to Make a Better Gin and Tonic
These three elixirs go beyond the classic gin and tonic cocktail
By Alia Akkam
Whip up one of these three elixirs the next time you make a gin and tonic. Trust us — you won’t regret it.
Berry Valley Tonic
- 2 oz Half Moon Orchard Gin
- 1 Tbsp local berry jam
- 4 oz Q tonic
- Put Half Moon and jam in shaker with ice and shake until all jam is mixed, then strain over fresh ice in Collins glass.
- Top with tonic.
- Garnish with mint sprig and lime wheel.
Not By the Hair of My Ginny, Gin, Gin
- 3 parts Orange County Distillery Gin
- 1 part mint syrup
- Shake and pour ingredients into an 8- or 10-ounce glass filled with ice.
- Top with sparkling blood-orange juice.
- Add sprig of mint.
- 1½ oz Clear Mountain Gin
- Splash of fresh lime juice
- Shake and pour into a glass with premium ginger beer.
- Garnish with lime.