Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth With This Gluten-Free Cranberry Apple Crisp Recipe
For a delicious, gluten-free dessert, try this classic twist on apple pie.
Courtesy of Chef Tom Costello of Thyme Steak and Seafood
Looking for a delicious, gluten-free dessert for your Thanksgiving table? Try this classic apple crisp recipe, courtesy of Chef Tom Costello of Thyme Steak and Seafood in Yorktown.
Gluten-Free Cranberry Apple Crisp
For the filling:
- 8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced into half-inch chunks
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ lb butter
- Melt butter in large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add te apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon powder and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often to ensure even cooking.
- Add cranberries and lemon juice; cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
For the crisp topping:
- ½ lb butter, cut into ¼-inch chunks and softened for 30 minutes
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- 3 cups gluten-free flour
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix together. Cut softened butter into flour mixture until coarse crumbs are formed.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Fill a 4-inch ramekin ¾ of the way full with the apple pie filling and sprinkle with the crisp topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Top with vanilla ice cream and serve.