Pumpkin Honey Bread (Recipe)
A recipe from the National Honey Board
Courtesy of the National Honey Board
Pumpkin Honey Bread
Makes 2 loaves
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 can (16 oz.) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream honey with butter until light and fluffy.
- Stir in pumpkin. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly incorporated. Sift together remaining ingredients. Stir into pumpkin mixture.
- Divide batter equally between two well-greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let loaves cool in pans for 10 minutes; invert pans to remove loaves and allow to finish cooling on racks.