7 Things to Know About the Newest Nickelodeon Princess
The new addition to Nickelodeon's line up is voiced by Hudson Valley native Akira Golz.
By Erica Aulogia
Photo Courtesy Nickelodeon
We caught up with her, and here’s what we learned.
- Akira started modeling at age 5, and then began auditioning for Broadway, commercials, and TV.
- She’s done voice-over work for Nickelodeon’s Dora the Explorer and Peter Rabbit. “It was just as fun as what I’m doing now. I sang the promos for the shows with two other kids, and I really enjoyed it.”
- Akira considers Nella to be her “big break,” but she’s already a seasoned Broadway actress: On Jan. 1, she finished her run playing Alice in Matilda, the Musical.
- Golz was the recipient of the National Youth Arts award for Outstanding Featured Actress in 2014 for her work in Hairspray.
- She has placed twice in the Hal Leonard National Vocal Competition.
- In her spare time, Golz loves softball, body surfing and dodging through the city on her scooter.
- What’s next up for Akira: “I did record something for a video game, but that hasn't come out yet. I hope to do some sort of sitcom on TV, but until then, I love doing what I’m doing.”