NuggMD’s New York Medical Marijuana Doctors Certify You Online in No Time
Finally! Finding a New York marijuana doc won’t take a lot of time, energy, and money like it did when the state’s MMJ program began in 2014.
Back then the powers that be--State Assembly, Senate and Governor Cuomo--legalized medical cannabis with the Compassionate Use Act (Assembly Bill 6357). However, only 1,300 New Yorkers received their medical cannabis ID cards from July 2014 - March 2017. Why so few participants?
- It was difficult to find a state registered MMJ doctor. They didn’t publicly advertise and it's unlikely your primary physician qualifies.
- There were only eight dispensaries in New York state so patients had extremely limited access.
- Only 10 medical conditions were eligible for MMJ cards.
Luckily, things have changed for the better because:
- NuggMD is in New York! Connect with a NY medical cannabis doctor from nearly anywhere, face-to-face, using your smartphone or computer, seven days a week.
- The state has allowed more MMJ shops to operate. There are currently 20 dispensaries in New York, with plans to license another 20.
- Chronic pain and PTSD now qualify for MMJ, which affect roughly 450,000 New Yorkers.
As of March 2018, there are now over 47,000 medical marijuana patients in NY. The state’s program has grown significantly over the last year, and will only continue to grow!
New and Old Qualifying Conditions
The Compassionate Use Act puts the NYS Department of Health in charge of the medical cannabis program. DOH Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker is responsible for managing the eligible conditions, and has added chronic pain and post traumatic stress disorder to the list.
The department defines chronic pain as “any severe debilitating pain that the practitioner determines degrades health and functional capability.” It also stipulates that any potential patient who “has experienced intolerable side effects, or has experienced failure of one or more previously tried therapeutic options” qualifies.
Like chronic pain, PTSD affects a wide range of people who now have a better alternative. New Yorkers diagnosed with post traumatic stress aren’t just veterans, but thousands of others who’ve experienced extreme trauma like cops, paramedics, and rape survivors.
The New Easy Way to Apply: NuggMD
NuggMD is responsible for providing over 250,000 individuals with a California cannabis card. They have the experience, infrastructure, and skill to make your New York medical cannabis experience simple. To get your MMJ card just:
- Visit nuggmd.com; no appointment necessary.
- Provide proof of NY state residency, U.S. citizenship, and qualifying medical condition(s).
- Fill out a simple medical questionnaire.
- See a MMJ doctor online. The process typically takes 15-30 minutes, although you may spend more time speaking with the doctor if you need to!
- If approved (no charge if not), pay for the evaluation and certification ($149 for first-time patients, $99 for renewals). It’s the best price in the state.
- Register with the NYS Department of Health online ($50).
- Receive your MMJ card in the mail a few days later.
Current Cannabis Products and Dispensaries
Unfortunately, getting New York medicinal cannabis isn’t like how you buy cannabis in California. Products are restricted to tinctures, capsules, and liquids/oils for use in a vaporizer or an inhaler. Cannabis flower and edibles remain illegal, though the regulations are evolving so these and other products could be available in the future.
NuggMD Provides Their Patients with Extra Benefits
Besides NuggMD’s low cost, short wait times, and qualified NY cannabis doctors, they provide you with a personal cannabis concierge--a valuable resource at no extra cost!
These knowledgeable specialists will answer any and all questions you have about medical cannabis in New York. Whether it's about specific products (potency, availability, restrictions), dispensaries (locations, ratings, prices), or just general cannabis questions (possession, police, public use), they’re here to help!
With how simple NuggMD makes it, why not go online and discover if a marijuana ID card is right for you? Skip the hassle of taking a cab or the subway halfway across town and apply from home!