Celebrate World Nutella Day With This Dark Chocolate Nutella Recipe
This decadent recipe takes a classic favorite to a whole new level.
Photos by Meaghan Glendon
Though your Super Bowl Sunday may be reserved for beer, wings, and sport, be sure to save some room for the sweet stuff. Feb. 5 is also World Nutella Day, and we have a slightly healthier twist on the classic spread that’ll keep you cheering for more.
1 cup hazelnuts, de-shelled
3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 12-ounce bag of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread hazelnuts onto a baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Place hazelnuts into a food processor and grind into a paste; Add confectioners' sugar, oil, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt. Continue to process the mixture until smooth.
- Over simmering water, melt the chocolate chips atop a double boiler, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides to avoid scorching. Pour melted chocolate into the food processor and blend into the hazelnut mixture.
- Cool spread at room temperature before sealing tightly.
Recipe from www.allrecipes.com.