Your Summer Cookouts Need This Tasty Apricot Brussels Sprout Salad
It's refreshing, flavorful, and easy to make.
Bianca Russano, personal chef and owner of About The Table, shares an easy summer salad that her family loves.
Brussels Sprout Salad with Gouda, Apricots, & Pistachios
- 1 pound brussels sprouts; trimmed, halved and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup aged gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the shredded Brussels sprouts and toss. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
Stir cheese, apricots and pistachios into salad. Serve.